With snow on the ground this past week and some ski resorts opening, Winter has truly arrived in Vermont. After a long day of work or playing in the snow, there’s nothing better than coming home to a warm and cozy house, especially when it’s efficient and saving you money!
At the Energy Co-op of Vermont, our mission is to help Vermonters make their homes more comfortable, healthy, and energy-efficient. With that in mind, we thought we’d share some tips to help keep you warm this winter – and keep some extra money in your pockets for the Holiday Season!
Here’s a few and feel free to call us with any questions at (802) 460-8090:
- Change the filter in your heating system and the batteries in your smoke detectors. Both are available at hardware stores. One can help you save money and the other can help save your life!
- Make sure we have access to the fill pipe for your oil tank. Now … and later when we get more snow. Nothing slows a delivery down like our driver having to shovel snow to find your fill pipe!
- If you’re on automatic delivery, call us if you will be burning wood, have rooms closed off, have a new addition, and so on. Knowing the things that will change your oil use helps us to plan and schedule your deliveries.
- If you call or email us for your oil or kerosene, give us at least a week to schedule your delivery. We’ve got lots of Vermonters to help keep warm and are in your town at least once a week in the winter.
- If you have an overdue balance on your account, take care of it or call us to work out a payment plan. We won’t deliver oil if we haven’t been paid for past deliveries or service work. Otherwise we’d be out of business!
- Contact Wayne Thompson, our service manager, to ask about using less oil with a new furnace or boiler – or a pellet stove. We have a great selection of super-efficient heating systems to meet your needs and Wayne knows ‘em better than just about anyone!
- Keep our phone number – (802) 860-4090 - handy in the event of a heating emergency. We have a certified service technician on call, 24/7 and don’t want you and yours being left out in the cold!
At the Energy Co-op of Vermont, we’re proud to be Your Local Energy Partner. We value your business and look forward to helping you make your home more comfortable, healthy, and energy-efficient. And if you’re not a member of the Co-op yet, you can hop over to our Membership Page and learn all about the benefits of membership.
Here’s to a snowy winter and warm homes for all Vermonters!