Vermont Solar Hot Water
Solar energy works in Vermont. We have plenty of sun – about 80% of what Florida receives each year, and 30% more than Germany and Japan, countries which lead the world in solar installations thanks to generous incentives.
In the summer, solar hot water heaters in Vermont meet almost 100% of household hot water requirements. In the winter, they meet about 30% of household requirements. The balance is provided by oil, propane, electricity or our new, efficient heat pump hot water heater. In 2011, 450 Vermonters added solar hot water to their homes. Starting in March, 2012, Co-op members installed more than 80 solar hot water heaters through our Co-op Solar program (Co-op Solar ended on July 1, 2013)
The Energy Co-op recommends Sunward solar hot water heaters: Here's why:
- Sunward solar hot water heaters pay for themselves though energy savings in six to ten years.
- They increase home values – by up to 20 times annual energy savings according to one study.
- Sunward solar hot water heaters have been installed for more than 25 years in tens of thousands of homes.
- They qualify for a huge, 30% federal tax credit and a generous Vermont rebate.
- Installation is simple and easy whether you do it yourself or hire a contractor.
Sunward Solar Hot Water Heaters – made in Vermont
- Free site assessment
- Ground or roof mounted options
- Six to ten year payback
- Made in Winooksi, Vermont
- 20-year warranty on the solar collectors – the best in the business
Go to Sunward Systems for more information.
We recently had a new Weil Mclain boiler and Amtrol hot water tank installed. Joe and Richie did a great job. They had some tricky maneuvering to do to get the equipment in our basement and took every precaution to make sure nothing got damaged. Very professional, very neat and a nice finished product. They also took the time to educate us on all the bells and whistles. Nice work guys.
–Jeffrey O, Colchester VT