Vermont Solar Hot Water
Solar energy works in Vermont. We have plenty of sun – about 80% of what Florida receives each year, and 30% more than Germany and Japan, countries which lead the world in solar installations thanks to generous incentives.
In the summer, solar hot water heaters in Vermont meet almost 100% of household hot water requirements. In the winter, they meet about 30% of household requirements. The balance is provided by oil, propane, electricity or our new, efficient heat pump hot water heater. In 2011, 450 Vermonters added solar hot water to their homes. Starting in March, 2012, Co-op members installed more than 80 solar hot water heaters through our Co-op Solar program (Co-op Solar ended on July 1, 2013)
The Energy Co-op recommends Sunward solar hot water heaters: Here's why:
- Sunward solar hot water heaters pay for themselves though energy savings in six to ten years.
- They increase home values – by up to 20 times annual energy savings according to one study.
- Sunward solar hot water heaters have been installed for more than 25 years in tens of thousands of homes.
- They qualify for a huge, 30% federal tax credit and a generous Vermont rebate.
- Installation is simple and easy whether you do it yourself or hire a contractor.
Sunward Solar Hot Water Heaters – made in Vermont
- Free site assessment
- Ground or roof mounted options
- Six to ten year payback
- Made in Winooksi, Vermont
- 20-year warranty on the solar collectors – the best in the business
Go to Sunward Systems for more information.
I would like to thank you and commend you for patiently wading through my 'demanding' furnace installation. It was not a straight forward install due to our unconventional basement. You did an excellent job and went out of your way to assist with questions that arose, handling unexpected changes/difficulties, such as the scheduling issues that arose. I now have confidence in the Co-op Service Department. I am also grateful to Joe Cobb for pointing out the issues with our old furnace, honestly assessing the condition of it and our tank as well as its venting setup which is now in compliance with state regulations.
I am also extremely impressed with your sub-contractor, Rich Bidwell, who handled the installation after the scheduling change which prevented you and Rich and Joe from coming. I can honestly say that I have never encountered the kind of knowledge Rich has regarding furnaces and I thoroughly enjoyed him as a person as well. He was absolutely fantastic.
I am hoping for many trouble free years from this Olsen, but am happy that you are there if any problems do arise as I know you will handle them with as much care and finesse as you did this initial install.
–Nadia G., Colchester