Vermont Solar Hot Water
Solar energy works in Vermont. We have plenty of sun – about 80% of what Florida receives each year, and 30% more than Germany and Japan, countries which lead the world in solar installations thanks to generous incentives.
In the summer, solar hot water heaters in Vermont meet almost 100% of household hot water requirements. In the winter, they meet about 30% of household requirements. The balance is provided by oil, propane, electricity or our new, efficient heat pump hot water heater. In 2011, 450 Vermonters added solar hot water to their homes. Starting in March, 2012, Co-op members installed more than 80 solar hot water heaters through our Co-op Solar program (Co-op Solar ended on July 1, 2013)
The Energy Co-op recommends Sunward solar hot water heaters: Here's why:
- Sunward solar hot water heaters pay for themselves though energy savings in six to ten years.
- They increase home values – by up to 20 times annual energy savings according to one study.
- Sunward solar hot water heaters have been installed for more than 25 years in tens of thousands of homes.
- They qualify for a huge, 30% federal tax credit and a generous Vermont rebate.
- Installation is simple and easy whether you do it yourself or hire a contractor.
Sunward Solar Hot Water Heaters – made in Vermont
- Free site assessment
- Ground or roof mounted options
- Six to ten year payback
- Made in Winooksi, Vermont
- 20-year warranty on the solar collectors – the best in the business
Go to Sunward Systems for more information.
I would like to thank you for assisting me in getting a grant from the State of Vermont for a new tank, slab and roof ..... Your furnace man told me my tank would need to be replaced, and told me about this grant for low-income households ..... Your staff helped me out a lot and I would like to thank each and every one of you. This is a big expense, and with your help I was able to get it done with little cost to me. Thank you all again.
–Daria K., Milton, VT