- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Co-op Membership
- Heat Pumps
- Home Heating Services
- Oil Tanks
- Space Heaters
- Water Heaters
- Natural Gas Conversions
- Heating Service Partners
- Energy Efficiency Services
- Rebates and Financing
It's important to get a thorough energy audit before before you replace windows, add insulation to your attic, upgrade your heating system, or make any major improvements. A good energy audit provides you with a full picture of your home's performance and will help you make smart decisions.
Your energy audit report from the Energy Co-op contains the following information:
- Home performance measurements: annual heating fuel and electrical energy use, air changes per hour (blower door test), efficiency test for your heating equipment, insulation levels.
- List of problems: may include drafts, moisture, air leaks, missing insulation, rotting wood.
- Recommended improvements: may include upgrading heating systems, installing heat pumps, new efficient boilers or insulation, stopping leaks in attics, weather stripping doors, installing storm windows.
- Cost estimates: to include estimated energy savings and cost for each recommended improvement.
- Financing options: monthly payment estimates from local credit unions or banks.
- Rebates and incentives: a list of potential rebates and incentives that are available for the improvements we recommend.
With this information in hand, contact Paul Fleckenstein, our energy efficiency program manager, at (802) 860 4090 or email@example.com to confirm the upgrades that fit your budget and to schedule your work!
We refund the cost of your audit when you decide to go forward with energy upgrade projects with us.
The Energy Co-op is a certified Home Performance Energy Star contractor with Efficiency Vermont. We are also certified by the Building Performance Institute and are a Mitsubishi Elite Diamond Contractor for service and installation of cold-climate heat pumps.