- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
The General Manager provides organizational and strategic leadership of the Energy Co-op of Vermont. The duties of the General Manager will include allocating budget resources, coordinating business operations, managing operational costs, monitoring, and motivating staff, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities. The General Manager will be responsible for furthering the mission and member goals through effective management of staff and other resources.
REPORTING TO: Board of Directors
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Organizational Governance, Strategic Planning and Execution - Works with the Board of Directors to establish, update and execute the major goals and objectives of the Co-op's Strategic Plan aligning resources to achieve the annual plans. Provides timely and accurate management reporting to the Board and Committees; supports committee and Board needs as requested and assists with their recruitment.
• Human Resources & Staff Development - Responsible for recruiting, selecting, establishing goals, and managing a high performing management team, ensuring the Co-Op is adequately staffed with competent employees and providing a high level of service to members along with evaluating their job performance, planning, and overseeing compensation and benefit programs. Ensures Board and Staff are properly trained and following policies, laws, and guidelines applicable to cooperatives. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal labor laws.
• Financial Management, Budget and Operations - Oversees the development of the annual budget & plans consistent with the overall strategic plan setting targets for revenues, grow margins and net income. Analyzes programs, services and workflow and makes changes to improve efficiency, mitigate risks and reduce costs. Manages the financial plan to ensure the Co-op remains a sustainable organization achieving its mission for our members including a prudent strategy for futures purchases and risk management in line with price protection plans and other pricing strategies. Oversee and work closely with outside Accounting firm to complete an annual financial audit.
• Business Development & Planning - Develops realistic and effective plans to guide the Co-op's growth; monitors and analyzes current business performance; researches and cultivates new revenue sources including grant income. Develops business case for new ventures, products and services and planning activities for their implementation. Designs and executes marketing strategies for member acquisition, outreach, and growth of business services. Builds and expands network of professional contacts to further Co-Op strategies.
• Marketing – Design marketing and branding strategies for member and customer growth. Design and execution of annual marketing plan. Manage and oversee creation of all outreach and marketing materials.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITES • Overall responsibility for the senior management team and their reports including hiring, mentoring, goal setting, reviewing, compensation, benefits, and performance evaluation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to develop budgets, financial management/modelling, energy contracts, energy futures.
• Advanced skills in using Excel, Quickbooks and Customer Information Systems.
• Ability to manage, develop, and unify staff on mission and corporate goals within a company with diverse operational functions.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• 7+ years' experience managing strategic goals and objectives demonstrated through progressive leadership at an organization with at least 20 employees and an annual budget of at least $2 million.
• Demonstrated success in marketing, outreach, networking and business development.
• Previous knowledge and experience with non-profits, cooperatives, or energy businesses.
• Ability to identify best practices, develop and monitor metrics and develop growth strategies for meeting overall growth objectives. Demonstrated experience in hiring and managing people and teams.
• Ability to assign, supervise and evaluate performance.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in public meetings and the media.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as evidenced by ongoing training and professional development.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Candidates interested in this position should send a resume and cover letter to: - firstname.lastname@example.org