Over the past four years, Connie Norona and her son, Charlie, have cut their oil use from 650 to 400 gallons. They are saving about $850 a year. Here's how they did it. First, we replaced the old, inefficient and unsafe furnace in their manufactured home with a new Miller unit. Next, Charlie and Connie got an energy audit from Efficiency Vermont and Building Energy. Then they made several improvements…
- Help Vermonters make their homes comfortable, healthy and energy-efficient.
- Deliver attractive energy choices at fair prices.
- Supply members with an optimal mix of fossil fuels, cleaner-burning fuels, renewables and energy efficiency services.
- Provide dependable and respectful service.
- Be financially successful.
It may be obvious to some but many folks don't realize just how much heat they lose through their attic. Read More
"One kind word can warm for three winter months," goes a Japanese proverb. Here in Vermont we can appreciate a kind word. But we can also appreciate a working furnace, hot wood pellet stove or a shed full of seasoned cord wood during a week of zero degree temperatures. Read More