- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Co-op Membership
- Energy Efficiency
- New Equipment Installation
- Tune Ups and Repairs
In business since 2001, the Energy Co-op delivers heating oil, kerosene and wood pellets to 2,500 members and customers, primarily in northwestern Vermont. We also maintain, replace and repair a wide range of home heating systems - including heat pumps - and conduct energy audits.
The Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. To support our Co-op values, we offer highly competitive wages and an interesting and supportive work place. The Co-op’s exceptional benefits include:
- Profit sharing
- A $8,400 annual benefit allowance
- Employer matched retirement plans
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Fuel deliveries and heating systems at cost, and more.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for these full time positions:
Lead Gas HVAC Technician
The Lead Gas HVAC Technician will be responsible for developing and growing our installation/service offerings in the Natural Gas and Propane energy sector. Primary responsibilities include the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating and air conditioning systems. Assists in training other technicians and staff in preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of Natural Gas and Propane HVAC systems. The ideal candidate should be able to work effectively as a team with other service technicians as well as independently. To apply: Call (802) 860-4090 or email email@example.com.
Energy Efficiency Installation Technician
If you are looking to join Vermont's "Green Energy" work force and make a real difference in the energy efficiency of homes in your community, consider joining the Energy Co-op of Vermont's Energy Efficiency Team.
You'll get hands-on experience making Vermonters' homes more comfortable, healthy and energy-efficient. If you have basic HVAC, construction or home improvement experience, we can train you to be part of our team installing weatherization upgrades that follow our energy audit recommendations.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work with the Co-op's weatherization crew to upgrade attics and basements.
• Install weather stripping, air sealing, blow-in insulation, caulking, foam board.
• Provide general construction and remodeling work that supports our efficiency upgrades.
• Maintain a quality of work that meets the Energy Co-op's quality standards.
• Attend training workshops and classes for continuous improvement and keep up with latest advances in home weatherization techniques.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• Some remodeling and construction experience.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and work in confined spaces.
• Familiar with basic home weatherization or insulation installations.
• Ability to work hard and learn on the job.
• Technical certification in one or more discipline.
• Project management experience.
• Appreciation for the benefits of home energy efficiency to reduce carbon emissions and fossil fuel use.
To apply: Call (802) 860-4090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.