- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Co-op Membership
- Energy Efficiency
- New Equipment Installation
- Tune Ups and Repairs
- Rebates and Financing
Installation of heat pumps and new heating equipment requires interior work and is considered "non-essential" at this time. As a result, we are suspending our non-emergency installation work until the State of Vermont has removed the stop-work mandate.
For our emergency service calls, we ask for your help to reduce face to face interactions as much as possible during our visit.
Anyone who has a pending installation appointment will be contacted directly by Joe Cobb.
We welcome your continued phone or e-mail inquiries regarding new installations of all kinds. Our Service Manager, Joe Cobb, is available(802-860-4090 or email@example.com) to discuss your needs and provide a tentative cost estimate based on your input, to be confirmed in the field when a site visit is permitted.
The Energy Co-op has installed hundreds of heat pumps for Vermont homeowners. We install Mitsubishi products which we feel are the best units on the market in terms of quality and operational limits.
Why do our members and customers choose Heat Pumps?
• Lower heating fuel use: Cut your natural gas, oil or propane use by up to 70% and reduce your carbon footprint.
• Protection from future price spikes: Electricity prices are much more stable than oil and propane prices.
• Lower heating costs: If you use propane, kerosene or fuel oil to heat your home, your overall costs will go down after installing a heat pump. While your electricity costs will go up, your heating fuel costs will go down more than the increase in your electricity bill.
• Low-cost air conditioning: Heat pumps are twice as efficient as typical air conditioners, and much quieter than window units.
• Comfort: Thanks to smart controls, heat pumps keep indoor temperatures within a comfortable range summer and winter.
• Better indoor air quality: Heat pumps filter the air inside your home year-round.
• Rebates: Efficiency Vermont as well as your local utility offers rebates of up to $2,000 to install heat pumps. For a complete list of rebates, click here.
Is a heat pump right for your home? Our service manager, Joe Cobb will be happy to discuss our heat pump installation services over the phone. Before you call, be ready to answer these few questions:
• Do you have an open floor plan?
• Is your home properly air sealed and insulated?
• Is there a good location for the indoor blower and outdoor compressor?
• Does your electrical panel have enough space?
The Energy Co-op is a Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Contractor. Our team of technicians have been factory trained in service, installation and sales for the Mitsubishi M-Series heat pump products.
In addition, our technicians attend training classes on a regular basis to stay up-to-date on heat pump technology. Diamond Contractors, like the Energy Co-op, are the only Mitsubishi installers that are able to offer an extended 12-year parts warranty and a 12-year limited warranty on compressors.
To find out if a heat pump is right for your home's heating and cooling needs and get a free estimate, fill out our contact form and our Service Manager, Joe Cobb will be in touch right away!