- Co-op Membership Benefits and Savings
- About Us
- Meet Our Team
- Board of Directors
- What is a Co-op?
- Annual Report
- By Laws
- Read our Newsletters
- Service Area
- Price Protection Plans
- Monthly Payment Plans
- Help Paying Bills
- COVID-19 Updates
New rules for above ground oil tanks took effect on August 15th, 2017. Under these regulations, Vermont's above ground heating oil and kerosene tanks must be inspected every three years.
Here are some guidelines regarding compliance
It is our job to make sure that your tank complies with the new regulations – most of which have been in place for some time. If you’re concerned about your tank, please give us a call. We will schedule a tank inspection as part of your next oil or kerosene delivery. Please note that we also include tank inspections as part of our annual tune-ups.
If you’re concerned about the cost of repairing tank fittings or replacing your oil tank, let us know. We’ll come up with a plan that will get the job done and stay within your budget. Financial Assistance for fuel tank replacements are sometimes available through the Vermont Fuel Dealers Association and the State of Vermont.
For more information, give us a call at (802) 860-4090, send an email
Here are some resources that can help you pay for necessary repairs or tank replacement:
1. The Vermont Petroleum Cleanup Fund offers financial assistance to low-income residential tank owners for the removal, replacement and upgrade of an above ground fuel oil storage tank. Go to http://dec.vermont.gov/waste-management/storage-tanks/tank-removal-financial-assistance or call (802) 828-1138 for more information.
2. The Emergency Furnace Repair and Replacement Program operated by the Office of Economic Opportunity can assist with financing the repair or replacement of a red-tagged tank. Contact your local Community Action Agency for more information.
3. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has a Rural Economic Development loan and grant program for low-income households. Go to www.rd.usda.gov for more information.
4. VGreen Energy Improvement Loan offered by VSECU is a low-income loan for tank replacements. Go to www.vsecu.org or call 1-800-371-5162 for more information.
Even though we've been reminding everyone about Vermont's new rules for above ground oil tanks since last summer, we know there's still a lot of confusion about what it all...