- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Co-op Membership
- Heat Pumps
- Home Heating Services
- Oil Tanks
- Space Heaters
- Water Heaters
- Natural Gas Conversions
- Heating Service Partners
- Energy Efficiency Services
- Rebates and Financing
It’s never too early to plan for the year ahead. The Energy Co-op’s Price Protection Plans are all designed with one concept in mind: helping our members manage their energy costs. No matter what your budget requires, the Co-op offers a price protection plan to fit your needs.
Here is a look at the plans we have available to help protect you from uncertainty in the heating oil market.
Smart Choice Cap Plan
Cap Price Protection plans are good for people who are willing to pay a small fee to guarantee their price will not go higher than the Cap Price, and get the benefit of paying a lower price should prices go down.
- Your heating oil price is capped until May 31, 2019 or until your gallons are used up, whichever comes first.
- You pay the market price when it is lower than the cap price, but you never pay above the cap if the market price goes up.
- There is a fee for the Cap Price Protection plan.
Pre-Buy Fixed Price
Fixed Price Protection plans are good for people who want the security of knowing their price is fixed and will not go higher but are willing to take the chance that prices could go lower. This is a great option for people who want to pay for their gallons up front and not have a recurring monthly fuel bill.
- Your heating oil price is fixed until May 31, 2019 or until your gallons are used up, whichever comes first.
- If the market goes up or down, your price remains the same.
How to Enroll in our Price Protection Plans:
- Click on the “Sign up Now” icon located on the top of this page. This will display the current per gallon unit pricing of each of our plans. Note that the price can change on a daily basis based on market conditions.
- If you are already a member, please log-in with your account number and your delivery City/Town. If you are not a member you must first apply for membership by clicking here.
- Once you have logged into the system simply choose your plan and gallons and let our system walk you through the process.
Please review the plan agreement carefully before making your decision. Once you have enrolled, you will receive a confirmation email showing you the details of your agreement. Please check your spam box as the email sometimes finds its way there.
For more information please call us at 860-4090 or review the Price Protection Frequently Asked Questions page.
Enter your zipcode to learn if we service your area
Our Member Testimonials
Even though we've been reminding everyone about Vermont's new rules for above ground oil tanks since last summer, we know there's still a lot of confusion about what it all...