- Co-op Membership Benefits and Savings
- About Us
- Meet Our Team
- Board of Directors
- What is a Co-op?
- Annual Report
- By Laws
- Read our Newsletters
- Service Area
- Price Protection Plans
- Monthly Payment Plans
- Help Paying Bills
- COVID-19 Updates
The Co-op offers two types of Price Protection plans:
Pre-Buy Fixed Price
The Prebuy program is offered each year begining in mid May through October 31st. Members can lock in their fuel price for the year by prepurchasing their fuel. Pre-buy plans are good for people who want the security of knowing their price is fixed and will not change throughout the year. This is a great option for people who want to pay for their gallons up front and not have a recurring monthly fuel bill.
- Your heating oil price is fixed from July 1st until May 31st of the following year or until the gallons you prepurchased are used up, whichever comes first.
- If the market goes up or down, your price remains the same.
Last year many members were able to lock in a fixed price of $1.89 and saved over $.60 cents per gallon.
Smart Choice Cap Plan
Our Cap Price plan signup period begins July 1st and is open until Octoer 31st. Cap Price plans are good for people who are willing to pay a small fee to guarantee their price will not go higher than the Cap Price, and get the benefit of paying a lower price should prices go down.
- Your heating oil price is capped from July 1st until May 31st of the following year or until your gallons are used up, whichever comes first.
- You pay the market price when it is lower than the cap price, but you never pay above the cap if the market price goes up.
- There is a .25 fee per gallon for the Cap Price Protection plan.
If you are interested in enrolling in the future, here is more information about the plans we have available to help protect you from uncertainty in the heating oil market. Membership is required to sign up for this program.
If you are not already a Co-op member, it's easy to join and membership is only $12.00 per year. Just fill out a membership application and then call us at 802-860-4090 to set up your Pre-buy or Smart Choice plan.
For more information please call us at 860-4090 or review the Price Protection Frequently Asked Questions page.
By Brian Gray
One of the biggest benefits of being an Energy Co-op member is having the option to prebuy your fuel oil for the upcoming winter. To determine if it is the right choice for you...