- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT:
Renewable energy advocates are eagerly awaiting the new programs and incentives included in The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) which was signed into law in August of 2022. For more about how this may affect homeowners in Vermont, read Brian Gray's blog here.
Most of these incentives are due to take effect in 2023. Here is a handy calculator from Rewiring America that can estimate what programs and incentives might be available for you.
- Efficiency Vermont Rebates - All Vermont homeowners are eligible for generous rebates through Efficiency Vermont. The individual offers from your utility may be added to these for even greater savings.
- Vermont Electric Co-op Customers - Most of the rebates from VEC are awarded through bill credits on your monthly electric bill.
- Green Mountain Power Customers - GMP has a generous cash rebate plus an upstream allowance.
- Burlington Electric Department Customers - Burlington Electric Department offers rebates of up to 75% of installed cost for heat pumps. .
- Swanton Electric - VPPSA Customers
- VGS - Vermont Gas Customers - Single Family Homeowners can earn up to a 50% rebate on a qualifying weatherization projects up to $3,500. Also rebates for natural gas equipment are available.
Although rebates and incentives are plentiful in Vermont, sorting through the options to determine which ones apply to you is daunting.