- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
In the last few years, thousands of homeowners in the greater Burlington area have installed heat pumps in their homes. Heat pumps are very resilient and stand up well to Vermont winters but it is important that they are maintained regularly to keep them functioning efficiently and safely. There are two main reasons for maintaining your heat pump on an annual basis.
For indoor air quality - Your heat pump is constantly working to purify the air in your home by capturing dust and debris. These particles over time clog up your filters and gum up the blower that is circulating the air. Cleaning the dust and debris restores your heat pump to full cooling & heating capacity.
For your Health - One of the most often occurring problems is mold growth inside the heat pump. Heat pumps can easily be exposed to moisture and high humidity levels. Mold loves moisture and if it starts to grow in your heat pump it can easily spread throughout the home.
The Energy Co-op recommends having your heat pump cleaned periodically. We offer a full maintenance and cleaning service to ensure your system runs safely and efficiently. The cost for the service is $170 per indoor unit and includes:
- Inspect filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt, obstructions, or damage
- Clean the indoor coil and drain pan
- Flush and clean the drain line
- Inspect electrical wiring, clean and tighten connections as needed
- Test thermostat/remote control operation
- Clean and inspect the outdoor coil and base pan
- Inspect base-pan for balance and cleanliness
If you'd like to learn more about this service or schedule an appointment, please call us at 802-860-4090 or fill out the contact form on this page.