- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
The Energy Co-op can help you be sure that your oil tank complies with the State of Vermont regulations. If you’re concerned about your tank, please give us a call. We will schedule a tank inspection as part of your next oil or kerosene delivery. Please note that we also include tank inspections as part of our annual tune-ups.
New rules for above ground oil tanks took effect on August 15th, 2017. Under these regulations, Vermont's above ground heating oil and kerosene tanks must be inspected every three years.
Here is some more information about compliance:
Need help paying for a new oil tank?
If you’re concerned about the cost of repairing tank fittings or replacing your oil tank, let us know. We’ll come up with a plan that will get the job done and stay within your budget. Financial Assistance for fuel tank replacements are sometimes available through the Vermont Fuel Dealers Association and the State of Vermont.
Here are some resources that can help you pay for necessary repairs or tank replacement:
1. The Vermont Petroleum Cleanup Fund offers financial assistance to low-income residential tank owners for the removal, replacement and upgrade of an above ground fuel oil storage tank. Go to http://dec.vermont.gov/waste-management/storage-tanks/tank-removal-financial-assistance or call (802) 828-1138 for more information.
2. The Emergency Furnace Repair and Replacement Program operated by the Office of Economic Opportunity can assist with financing the repair or replacement of a red-tagged tank. Contact your local Community Action Agency for more information.
3. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has a Rural Economic Development loan and grant program for low-income households. Go to www.rd.usda.gov for more information.
4. VGreen Energy Improvement Loan offered by VSECU is a low-income loan for tank replacements. Go to www.vsecu.org or call 1-800-371-5162 for more information.
If you are concerned about your tank and would like a free consultation, give us a call at (802) 860-4090 or
If your home is like 43% of the homes in the State of Vermont and your primary heating source is fuel oil, here are some important facts.