- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
Our Wood Pellets
Home delivery of new wood pellet orders is now paused for the winter season.
Pellets are still available for pick up at our facility in Colchester.
Please call us at 802-860-4090 to schedule your pick up appointment.
The Energy Co-op offers fair prices and dependable delivery on high quality wood pellets as a renewable, low-carbon alternative to oil, propane and natural gas.
We encourage our wood pellets customers to become Co-op members in order to take advantage of our early-buy and budget payment plans. Members also receive updates on availability and special offers throughout the season.
Some things to consider when buying wood pellets:
- Quality and consistency are more important than whether wood pellets are made from hardwoods or softwoods.
- Look for wood pellets with higher energy content (BTU's/lb.) because they burn hotter. Look for numbers around 8,000 BTU/lb.
- Low ash content means less maintenance. Burning a ton of wood pellets with 0.3% ash content produces six pounds of ash; wood pellets with 1% ash content would produce 20 pounds of ash - more than three times as much.
- Low moisture content means that more energy is used to heat your home instead of evaporating water in the wood pellets.
We deliver Vermont Wood Pellets and LG Softwood Pellets anywhere in our service territory. (Delivery to Washington County towns in our service territory require a minimum purchase of 2 pallets.) Our driver will also pick up wooden pallets from previous deliveries for recycling.
New! We are pleased to introduce the availability of Maine Wood Pellets to our pellet offering. See chart below for specs and pricing.
Here are the specs and our current wood pellet prices:
|SPECIFICATIONS||Vermont Wood||LG||Maine Wood|
|High Energy Content (BTU/lb)||8,590||8,100||8,700|
|Low Ash Content||0.27%||0.50%||0.25%|
|PRICE PER TON||Vermont Wood||LG||Maine Wood|
|Pick up per Pallet||$405||$347||$370|
|Deliver 2 Pallets or less||$445||$387||$410|
|Deliver 3 Pallets or more||$425||$367||$390|
Given the variety of wood pellet heating options and individual consumer preferences, there is really no such thing as a "best type of wood pellet," or "best overall wood pellet brand." There is,...