- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
Effective December 15th through the remainder of the winter there will be an additional $50 delivery fee for all wood pellet deliveries. Deliveries will be made by hand with a pickup truck. We do not deliver with the large delivery truck in the winter as snowbanks make unloading in the roadway unsafe for our employees.
Our Wood Pellets
The Energy Co-op offers fair prices and dependable delivery on high quality wood pellets as a renewable, low-carbon alternative to oil, propane and natural gas.
We encourage our wood pellets customers to become Co-op members in order to take advantage of our early-buy and budget payment plans. Members also receive updates on availability and special offers throughout the season.
Our delivery drivers work with you to place and stack your bagged wood pellet deliveries in a preferred location.
We also offer pick up options for customers and members who prefer to save money by picking up their pellets at our depot.
Some things to consider when buying wood pellets:
- Quality and consistency are more important than whether wood pellets are made from hardwoods or softwoods.
- Look for wood pellets with higher energy content (BTU's/lb.) because they burn hotter. Look for numbers around 8,000 BTU/lb.
- Low ash content means less maintenance. Burning a ton of wood pellets with 0.3% ash content produces six pounds of ash; wood pellets with 1% ash content would produce 20 pounds of ash - more than three times as much.
- Low moisture content means that more energy is used to heat your home instead of evaporating water in the wood pellets.
We deliver Vermont Wood Pellets and LG Softwood Pellets anywhere in our service territory. (Delivery to Washington County towns in our service territory require a minimum purchase of 2 pallets.) Our driver will also pick up wooden pallets from previous deliveries for recycling.
Here are the specs and our current wood pellet prices:
|Low Ash Content*||0.27%||0.5%|
|PRICING||Vermont Wood 1 Ton||LG 1 Ton|
|Pick Up Per Pallet||$390||$N/A|
|Deliver 2 Pallets or less||$480||$N/A|
|Deliver 3 Pallets or >||$480||$N/A|
Given the variety of wood pellet heating options and individual consumer preferences, there is really no such thing as a "best type of wood pellet," or "best overall wood pellet brand." There is,...