- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Co-op Membership
- Heat Pumps
- Home Heating Services
- Oil Tanks
- Space Heaters
- Water Heaters
- Natural Gas Conversions
- Heating Service Partners
- Sweetheart Deals on Heating Equipment
- Energy Efficiency Services
- Rebates and Financing
Like oil, kerosene heating fuel is produced in oil refineries by distilling crude oil. We supply kerosene for Vermont members and customers in three situations:
- Monitor Space heaters: Monitor Space Heaters are very energy-efficient and must be fueled by kerosene.
- Outside Tanks: Mobile homes with outside tanks or houses with fuel tanks in unheated garages must be supplied with kerosene in cold Vermont weather. This is because kerosene fuel has a lower gel point than traditional heating oil and so can be used at much colder temperatures - like those we enjoy during Vermont winters.
- Out of Oil Emergencies: Oil-fired furnaces and boilers run as well on kerosene as they do on heating oil. In an out-of-oil emergency, we will sometimes deliver kerosene in order to get the heating system up and running as quickly as possible.
Apart from these situations, heating oil is preferred to kerosene as a heating fuel because it is less expensive.
The tanks on our oil trucks have two or three compartments and so we often deliver both kerosene and heating oil from the same truck. When delivering to Monitor Heaters however, we always "bleed" the lines to remove any oil that remains from previous deliveries.
Unlike many other oil dealers, we offer monthly payment plans to help Co-op members manage their Vermont kerosene bills.