- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
The Energy Co-op's Diamond Elite certified technicians have installed more than a thousand Mitsubishi heat pumps for Vermont homeowners. Our free consultation can help determine if a heat pump is right for your home and your budget.
NOTE: Ask us about 2023 tax credits and rebates of up to $3,450 for new heat pump installations.
Heat Pumps in Vermont
Why Choose a Heat Pump?
There are many reasons why our members and customers choose heat pumps:
- Lower heating fuel use: Cut your natural gas, oil or propane use by up to 70% and reduce your carbon footprint. With today's uncertain oil prices, your savings by installing a heat pump can be greater than ever.
- Protection from future price spikes: Electricity prices are much more stable than oil and propane prices.
- Lower heating costs: If you use propane, kerosene or fuel oil to heat your home, your overall costs will go down after installing a heat pump. While your electricity costs will go up, your heating fuel costs will go down more than the increase in your electricity bill.
- Low-cost air conditioning: Heat pumps are twice as efficient as typical air conditioners, and much quieter than window units.
- Comfort: Thanks to smart controls, heat pumps keep indoor temperatures within a comfortable range summer and winter.
- Better indoor air quality: Heat pumps filter the air inside your home year-round.
Are Heat Pumps Right for Your Home?
While heat pumps are a great heating/cooling solution for most homes, there are some criteria which help determine how well a heat pump will work for you. Our service manager will ask all of these questions in your initial consultation so before you contact us, take a moment to gather this information.
- Do you have an open floor plan? Open floor plans allow the movement of air more easily than in many rooms separated by doors and walls.
- Is there a good location for the indoor blower and outdoor compressor? The best placement for heat pumps will result in the best outcomes for their use.
- Does your electrical panel have enough space? A heat pump requires an electrical service to operate.
Ready to Learn More?
The experts at the Energy Co-op can help you determine if a heat pump is a good investment for your home.
Here are some videos with more information on the Mitsubishi Electric heat pump models we install.
Give us a call at 802-860-4090 or fill out the Contact form on this page.