- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
Is it time to replace your hot water heater?
There have been many improvements in water heater technology and efficiency in recent years. If your water heater is more than 10 years old, or if your current water heater is having trouble keeping up with the demand for hot water in your home, it may be time to consider a new one. Before you just replace your old water heater with a new one of the same variety, make sure you're fully educated on your options by talking to our specialists.
The Energy Co-op installs three types of water heaters:
- Rheem® Prestige® ProTerra™ Hybrid Electric Water Heaters that pull heat from the air to produce hot water. Click here for more about heat pump water heaters.
- Bradford White Electric water heaters.
- PurePro Indirect water heaters that are used with a boiler and heat large amounts of water quickly.
There is never a charge for water heater installation consultations or estimates. Call us today at 802-860-4090 or "Contact Us" with the form on this page.
How Do Heat Pump Hot Water Heaters Work?
Heat pump water heaters can cost half as much to operate as traditional electric resistance water heaters, and can save as much as $3,200 over the lifetime of the unit. Not only do they heat water, heat pump water heaters also air condition and dehumidify the space around them. Plus they now come with up to a $800 rebate from Efficiency Vermont.
The Rheem® Prestige® ProTerra™ Hybrid Electric Water Heater
The Rheem® Prestige® ProTerra™ Hybrid Electric Water Heater offers big energy cost savings, added smart features and the quietest operation in its class.
- Savings – Amazing 3.75 - 4.00 UEF and features that deliver long-term energy savings of up to $480 per year
- Smartest – Exclusive Water Leak Detection and Prevention System, other protective service alerts and maintenance reminders are delivered to your phone for added peace-of-mind.
- Sustainable – Reduces carbon footprint with a 75% reduction in energy use3 minimizing your impact on the environment
- Quietest – Operates at a sound level just above a whisper—in other words, you won’t even notice it’s on
- CONTROL FROM YOUR PHONE!
- Control temperature, adjust mode, view energy usage and know immediately about leaks and service alerts from anywhere with built-in EcoNet WiFi Technology and the EcoNet App4
More Information on Hot Water Heaters
For more information on types of water heaters and their operation click here.
The State of Vermont has some great information on how heat pump hot water heaters work. Click here for a link to the State of Vermont website.