- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
August 2, 2021
By Brian Gray
In Vermont, assuring that your home is safe and comfortable is particularly important in the winter months. Nearly every homeowner has at least one horror story about their heating system breaking down on the coldest day of the year or running out of heating fuel on Christmas Day.
AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION
The easiest way to prevent these unwanted incidents from happening in your home is to schedule a heating system inspection and tune up at least once a year. By doing so, you can prevent the most common problems and be sure that your system is running at peak efficiency. Here's what your annual inspection should check for:
- Moisture build up in your fuel tank.
- Rust or residue build up in your furnace or boiler.
- Combustion efficiency
- Replacement of nozzles and oil filters
- System repairs that require immediate attention or future consideration
SET IT AND FORGET IT
The Co-op's in-coming call activity for tune ups, repairs and emergency fuel deliveries spikes every year as soon as the first snow flies. If you wait until that time, you may have to wait longer for service or suffer the consequences of delayed maintenance. Here are some easy solutions:
- Auto Delivery - Let us keep track of your fuel oil levels and schedule automatic deliveries before your tank runs low. This not only takes the worry out of "when to call" but avoids stirring up dirt and debris at the bottom of your tank that can damage your system.
- Schedule ahead - Each time you have a tune up, ask us to schedule your next one. That way, your annual service schedule is guaranteed.
- Sign up for a maintenance plan - For just $199 a year, our Co-op Guardian Plan is a turn-key program with big discounts on service, repairs and regular tune ups. This plan includes:
• An annual system tune-up
• Efficiency test to keep your heating equipment running at peak efficiency.
• Adjust burner for the best performance and conduct a full safety check.
• 25% off the cost of after-hours emergency calls, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• 25% off the cost of all repairs. This includes all parts and labor for the entire year covered by the Co-op Guardian Plan.
• A one-year warranty on all our parts and a free annual assessment of your heating system.
Contact the Energy Co-op today to help take the worry out of your winter. Remember that our long Vermont winters are best enjoyed from inside a warm and cozy home.