- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
The Energy Co-op provides kerosene delivery primarily for three situations:
- Monitor Space heaters: Monitor Space Heaters are very energy-efficient and must be fueled by kerosene.*
- Outside Tanks: Mobile homes with outside tanks or houses with fuel tanks in unheated garages must be supplied with kerosene in cold Vermont weather. This is because kerosene fuel has a lower gel point than traditional heating oil and so can be used at much colder temperatures.
- Out of Oil Emergencies: Oil-fired furnaces and boilers run as well on kerosene as they do on heating oil. In an out-of-oil emergency, we will sometimes deliver kerosene first in order to get the heating system up and running as quickly as possible.
Kerosene vs. Heating Oil
Apart from the situations listed above, homeowners usually prefer heating oil vs kerosene as a heating fuel because it is less expensive.
The tanks on our oil trucks have two or three compartments and so we often deliver both kerosene and heating oil from the same truck.
We encourage our customers to join the Co-op, as our members enjoy the options of monthly payment plans to help manage their Vermont kerosene bills.
*NOTE: When delivering kerosene to Monitor Heaters, we always "bleed" the lines to remove any oil that remains from previous deliveries.