- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
There are some important warning signs that your heating system needs repair. If any of these are happening, give us a call:
- Strange Burning Odor - If you notice an unusual smell when you turn on the heating system, call the repairman ASAP. Bad odors may indicate damage or may be a result of some burning of plastic or rubber part inside your heating system.
- Unusual Noise- If your system is working properly, it should have a low noise level when turning on and off. Any loud or unexpected noise could signal trouble.
- Increased Fuel Use - Are you suddenly using more fuel than usual? If so, there might be a leak or clog in your filter that is causing your system to burn more fuel than you need to.
- Compressor Running Constantly or Short Cycling - Either of these issues may be signs of a serious problem that can damage your system and cost you money in fuel costs and more expensive future repairs.
- Uneven Heat Distribution - If some rooms in your house feel cool when your heat is on, it may be your heating system isn't working properly or it may be due to faulty insulation. In either case, it's a good idea to have it checked out by our professional technicians.
- Sneezing or stuffy nose - Dust particles in indoor air are a major cause of allergies in homes. If the filter is not changed regularly it can damage the heating system and also allow dust particles to enter the house. We can help determine if this is your problem or if some other malfunction is to blame.
Here are some warning signs that your hot water heater needs repair. If any of these are happening, give us a call:
- Water is leaking from the heating tank.
- You notice that you are running out of hot water quickly.
- There is inconsistent water temperature in the shower.
- Discolored water is coming from faucets.
- You notice unusual noises coming from the water heater.
- Lower water pressure.
After your heating system, hot water heating is one of the biggest energy users in your home.If your water heater is more than 10 or 15 years old, it may be time for a new one. Today's water heaters, including heat pump hot water heaters, may be much more efficient than your current one and a new installation may pay for itself in energy savings over time.
Why call the Energy Co-op?
When heating system repairs are needed, Energy Co-op members enjoy the benefit of access to our NORA-Certified technicians. Our in-house service team is trained to diagnose and fix your system with the least amount of disruption to your home's comfort and safety.
Need Emergency Repairs?
If emergency repairs are needed, we are on call 24/7 to be sure we are there when you need us. We will also give you reliable and honest repair estimates and can recommend the most cost-effective way to upgrade to a new and more efficient system if necessary.
We guarantee our work and complete hundreds of heating equipment repairs for our customers and members each year.
Our Service PlanCheck out our Guardian Service Plan, which can save 25% off the cost of repairs.
No matter what time of day it is, the Energy Co-op is here to help our members keep their homes warm and comfortable. If you need a heating system repair call us anytime at 860-4090 or fill out the contact form on this page.
By Brian Gray
In Vermont, assuring that your home is safe and comfortable is particularly important in the winter months. Nearly every homeowner has at least one horror story about...