- Co-op Membership
- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Energy Efficiency
- Heating System Tune Up & Repair
- New Equipment Installation
- Rebates & Financing
The Energy Co-op's in-house weatherization team has installed upgrades and insulation improvements in hundreds of homes in northern Vermont. Our services include:
- Attic insulation
- Window and door sealing
- Basement insulation
- Recommendations for system upgrades and installations that can greatly improve the efficiency of your home's heating and cooling and save you money on fuel costs year after year.
We recommend that before you commit to any major improvements, you consider doing a thorough energy audit to get a full picture of your home's performance and will help you make smart decisions and establish priorities.
Here are the steps we take before we schedule work in your home:
- Analyze home performance measurements: annual heating fuel and electrical energy use, air changes per hour (blower door test), efficiency test for your heating equipment, insulation levels.
- Make a list of problems: may include drafts, moisture, air leaks, missing insulation, rotting wood.
- Recommend improvements: may include upgrading heating systems, installing heat pumps, new efficient boilers or insulation, stopping leaks in attics, weather stripping doors, installing storm windows.
- Provide cost estimates: to include estimated energy savings and cost for each recommended improvement.
- Refer you to financing options: monthly payment estimates from local credit unions or banks.
- Research rebates and incentives: a list of potential rebates and incentives that are available for the improvements we recommend.
The Energy Co-op is a certified Home Performance Energy Star contractor with Efficiency Vermont. We are also certified by the Building Performance Institute and are a Mitsubishi Elite Diamond Contractor for service and installation of cold-climate heat pumps.