- Heating Fuel & Pellets
- Co-op Membership
- Heat Pumps
- Home Heating Services
- Oil Tanks
- Space Heaters
- Water Heaters
- Natural Gas Conversions
- Heating Service Partners
- Sweetheart Deals on Heating Equipment
- Energy Efficiency Services
- Rebates and Financing
Solar energy works in Vermont. We have plenty of sun – about 80% of what Florida receives each year, and 30% more than Germany and Japan, countries which lead the world in solar installations thanks to generous incentives.
In the summer, solar hot water heaters in Vermont meet almost 100% of household hot water requirements. In the winter, they meet about 30% of household requirements. The balance is provided by oil, propane or electricity. In 2011, 450 Vermonters added solar hot water to their homes. In 2012 and 2013 Co-op members installed 75 solar hot water heaters through our Co-op Solar program.
- Solar hot water heaters pay for themselves though energy savings in ten years or so.
- They increase home values – by up to 20 times annual energy savings according to one study.
- Solar hot water heaters qualify for a huge, 30% federal tax credit.
- Installation is simple and easy, especially when you hire Harvestar, the Energy Co-op's recommended contractor.
Putting everything together, Co-op members now enjoy savings of up to $4,500 on solar hot water heaters installed by our friends at Harvestar.